i’m wearing: target v-neck tee, barneys ny leather blazer/jacket (gift from my husband YEARS ago) with my old navy cargo vest (similar) over it, jcrew toothpick cords, marc jacobs aviators, monogrammed necklace c/o bestpersonalizedjewelry.com and my black wellie rain boots c/o crocs.

we live on 5+ acres and are almost ALWAYS outside. if you follow me on instagram, then you may have seen some of the creatures i’ve come across. let’s just say that after i almost stepped on a scorpion in my garage (and at least a dozen rattlesnakes)…i will NEVER be outside barefoot again! but every weekend we throw on our boots and walk to the top of our hill to enjoy the view & drink our coffee. usually i’m in my pj’s and crocs boots with my hair on top of my head in a bun (it’s quite a sight really). and well, you can’t get eep to take his boots off for anything. his favorite outfit as of late is a plastic fireman hat that granny got him and his blue boots (above). it is quite adorable except for when he throws a fit because he also wants to wear them during his nap…lol. have a great weekend friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. Yuliya
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 12:43 am

Ta veste est canon !
    Yuliya recently posted..STYLE | Foulard Léo’

2. Amy
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 1:25 am

Your property sounds beautiful! Eep sounds adorable! Have a great weekend!

xx Amy

Leopard and Lillies
    Amy recently posted..Do all the talking

Feb 08, 2013 @ 3:51 am

So cute – I love the leather jacket under the vest! My son went through a phase like that too – he would walk around the house in just his diaper with his boots on…LOL!

Penny Pincher Fashion recently posted..Winter Walk

4. Red Tag Chic Los Angeles
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 6:58 am

You look so adorable in those boots…..& how I love the combo of the vest & the jacket!!!

Red Tag Chic Los Angeles recently posted..Back to Black

5. Lisa
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 7:33 am

I just bought a jacket from Forever 21 (gasp! I’m in my forties so I felt silly shopping there….it is my first F21 purchase:). It has the layered look of a cargo vest over a leather coat. So I was excited to see your post today. Almost like permission to bring it out and actually wear it!

For under $40 bucks I thought it was a steal. Here’s the link for anyone interested!

• jennifer
      Feb 08, 2013 @ 7:37 am

YAY! love it! and don’t worry…my friends and i used to call it forever31 when we were close to our 30s. so naturally it is now forever41. =) you can find GREAT items at f21 if you have the time to look. i like to browse online and then go to the store so i know exactly what i’m looking for and in what department. thanks for sharing!

6. Rachel
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 7:34 am

Love this look! Simple yet so chic!
    Rachel recently posted..Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas

7. Julie, from prosecco to plaid
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 8:11 am

LOVE this look! Have a great weekend! xo, Julie
    Julie, from prosecco to plaid recently posted..Oh how much I love these two

8. Anngelik
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 8:31 am

Cute outfit! I like the vest and the boots!

9. Agi
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Love your boots. I totally have a pair of Hunter ones that I love. You look fabulous. If you get a chance, please check out my blog: Vodka Infused Lemonade

Agi recently posted..Girl’s Night, A Fox & Final Recap Of My 30 In 30 Challenge

10. Audrey
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 9:18 am

Oh, I love that jacket! I’m loving anything w/contrasting sleeves these days…even better when they’re leather :) Have a great weekend Jenn! http://www.casualglamorous.com
    Audrey recently posted..Moments

11. alyson
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 9:32 am

ok, so in love with this! How you layered the vesT? So smart! And, want to send me your wellies? :) I need a pair just like this in my life, bad!

12. Amy
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 10:35 am

Yikes, snakes and scorpions? Eek! We have TONS of snakes in the south. Ugh. And alligators. I need to move to Hawaii… no snakes and probably no alligators. LOVE your jacket!

Fashion and Beauty Finds
    Amy recently posted..Unexpected

• jennifer
      Feb 08, 2013 @ 11:41 am

LOL…alligators are a deal breaker for me!!! Yep, we should both move to Hawaii. =)

Feb 08, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

That blazer is amazing. I would so freak out if I saw the creatures you do on a regular basis. I don’t know how you do it!
    Tara recently posted..Chevron & Mustard

14. Sam@Thrive360
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 1:01 pm

You look so cute in this outfit. Love the boots and that vest is one of my favorites. I loved it other that anthro top we both have.
    Sam@Thrive360 recently posted..Get Fit Friday – Track Calories Burned

15. Sarah
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

I love hte mix of leather with the army green! That is right on trend! http://www.sarahmarieblondielove.com/
    Sarah recently posted..San Francisco – part 2

16. Kacie's Kloset
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

17. Emma Finlayson
    Feb 08, 2013 @ 4:13 pm

Those boots look great and eeps are SO adorable. My little guy is two and he would love those.
    Emma Finlayson recently posted..Black and White Wardrobe!

18. Janelle@GlamorousMama
    Feb 09, 2013 @ 9:41 am

Cute, boots look comfy! My son does the same thing. No clothes and shoes only is his thing right now

Janelle@GlamorousMama recently posted..Get the Look: Bobbi Brown for Holmes & Yang

19. Lubna
    Feb 09, 2013 @ 11:39 am

That jacket is lovely! I have a very similar one :)

20. fromarmanitozurich
    Feb 09, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

you look amazing! these boots are great :)
    lots and lots of love

21. Lori
    Feb 09, 2013 @ 9:52 pm

Great jacket!
    Lori recently posted..To the Sea

22. ani
    Feb 11, 2013 @ 3:53 am

I love this cargo leather blazer, your hubby did a great job picking it out :-). I would love if you check out my blog too 😉