i’m wearing: old navy tank, nordstrom rack sweatshirt, express editor pants, spike the punch necklace, f21 bracelet, target neon wallet/clutch, steve madden flats.

you can’t really tell in these pics, but this sweatshirt is like an oatmeal/heather grey color. i picked it up at nordstrom rack for like $14. i love finding easy every day clothes that you can just throw on and run errands in. lately i have been buying a lot of things that i love but that are just not practical for every day wear. i really need to go shopping for more basics. and a bathing suit. yikes…is there anything worse than bathing suit shopping?!?!?

1. Diana - City and Burbs
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 4:20 am

Those accessories are so great. I’m on a search for the perfect neon yellow accessories and you’re certainly inspiring me. And YES, bathing suit shopping is just torture!!!
    xx,
    Di

2. Stacey
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 4:49 am

Now that is how to wear a sweatshirt and look amazing!

Happy Wednesday!

Feb 29, 2012 @ 5:23 am

I completely agree with you – I have been buying more dressy pieces lately and really need to stock up on basics (in dire need of some new skinny jeans & some simple slim-cut black pants). Love all the neon touches you added to this look!

4. Hattie
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 6:18 am

Love, love, love that necklace! So much fun!!! Cute outfit. I don’t even want to think about going shopping for a bathing suit any time soon!!! Yikes!!

5. SADBblog
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:14 am

Love this for everyday wear! that clutch is amazing! xo

6. My Dressy Ways
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:14 am

I have a few go-to loose casual pieces but I definitely need more! No better way to dress them up than with a statement necklace!

7. Amber ~ Real Girl Glam
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:15 am

Ugh… I was just thinking that I need to seriously bathing suit shop. Tried one on a few days ago and almost scared myself! LOL Thinking I need to work out (and get a tan) before I start looking for one.

I’m right there with you too, on picking up more practical basic pieces. I have a lot of things in my closet that are very nice but when I just want to be super comfy, I need to add pieces that will still help me look good.

8. megan, the frugalista diaries
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:06 am

that necklace is the perfect pop for this look!

9. JennySue Makeup
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:36 am

amazing what a cute accessory can do for a plain jane top!! so cute. no, there’s nothing worse than swimsuit shopping…nothing. unless you’re doing it with kids in tow, then maybe even worse:)

10. Fashion By Alicia
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:48 am

This is the perfect casual look. Looks cozy but put together. I need to swimsuit shop soon too but have no desire. Nothing is worse! Good luck!

11. Grace - Stripes & Sequins
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

So cute… I LOVE Spike the Punch jewels – it’s so fun!

Feb 29, 2012 @ 4:11 pm

Totally loving your necklace!

13. Rory
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

bathing suit shopping is tough when you don’t have the perfect, thin, toned body you crave (said from experience). And those neon pops are so perfect…that necklace is KILLER Jenn! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Rory
    Be sure to enter my giveaway!!

14. Tamera Beardsley
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:20 pm

Beautiful as always Jenn…I have also realized I need to invest more in ‘practical’ items… ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Makaila
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:16 pm

LOVE the neon with your outfit. So funny, just last Saturday I posted pics of my neon browsing at Target and posted a pic of the clutch you have! Target is so fun for inexpensive, cute, trendy accessories.