i am wearing: dress has no name brand…bought it at a little hair salon in encinitas a couple years ago, born flip flops, michael kors watch, necklace from target, h&m bracelets. my nail polish is forever yummy by essie.

i get a lot of questions asking how i wear some of my outfits while having a 7 month old baby. and the truth is…i almost always immediately change into flip flops after taking my pics. so today…you get to see what i really wear =) although after i saw myself in flip flops i may never wear them again…ha ha. they really aren’t very flattering. i also take most of my ootd pics on weekends when i am out and about and have an excuse to dress up. as much as i’d like you all to think i change diapers and go grocery shopping in four inch heels, i don’t =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1. Kimberly Smith
    May 09, 2011 @ 4:10 am

The good news is that when they get older (mine are 7 and 3), you can go shopping in heels! Just don’t try wearing 4-inch wedges for a walk in the park…made that mistake myself last week. :( Happy belated Mother’s Day!

2. Keri
    May 09, 2011 @ 5:31 am

I bought myself a cute pair of wedges after doing a couple of my own outfit posts and seeing how stumpy my legs look in the flat shoes I normally wear. I’m with you though, flip-flops are much more comfortable!!! My new “goal” is to actually start wearing flattering shoes. I love how wedges (and similar shoes) look on all of you guys, even if they aren’t always practical. :)

3. Melissa
    May 09, 2011 @ 6:51 am

That dress is adorable! I hope no one really shops in four inch heels. That’s not healthy! Flip flops that are decorative like those are okay, in my opinion. I have some that I wear a LOT on weekends because I just think they’re cute.

Come take a look inside A Working Mom’s Closet

4. MONKEYFACE
    May 09, 2011 @ 7:09 am

Jenn I LOVE YOU for this post! You look fabulous no matter how many inches are holding up your feet. So glad to hear you do not suffer through everyday life all day though. I was beginning to think I was a total wimp for not rocking platforms walking through campus all day!

5. Fashion Momma
    May 09, 2011 @ 8:34 am

You would look like a super model in a potato sack, but it’s good to know you allow your feet some breaks during momma time! You’re perfect in flip-flops and a dress! And your honesty is my favorite!!!

• Laura
      May 09, 2011 @ 9:00 am

Haha Fashion Momma is SO right! You always look amazingly put together.

6. Laura
    May 09, 2011 @ 8:59 am

I agree with what everyone else has said, that those aren’t just ordinary flip flops (which are totally fine occasionally, too) but adorable, decorated flops! They add a perfect summer airiness to the outfit that I really love. Plus, the dress is SO cute!

7. ...love Maegan
    May 09, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

lol …you still look cute in the flip flops though. I have, on occasion, worn flats out then changed into the heels for the photos …not often though because I prefer heels but I’m sure if I had a little one to take care of, I’d rarely be in the heels. Your dress is adorable!

8. Kate
    May 09, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Woman, you be crazy if you think you can’t pull off the sandals. You look fabulous! I love that dress. The color+pattern+detailing = fabulous!

9. Jennifer (thelooksforless.com)
    May 09, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

LOVE the dress! you look amazing! i have the same michael kors watch and love it (so not looks for less, i know, but i had a gift card lol)! you look so stylish :)

10. Katie
    May 09, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

Ahh! I love it! I am all about keeping it real! You might think of this as your everyday wear, but I think you look great! Nothing wrong with a great pair of flip flops! :)

11. Shasie
    May 09, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

haha nice, I do that sometimes too, especially if I’m shopping (hate shopping in heels) Cute dress.

Shasie
    Live Life in Style

12. foodfashionandflow
    May 10, 2011 @ 1:39 pm

You look gorgeous in that dress! You are very beautiful!!!

13. Haute Muslimah
    May 16, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

lol, love your honesty :)